|Experience the awe and adventure of diving with
|Learn more about our Instructor Development Program
|Have a look at some of the photographs taken by staff and visitors
|Visit the Sharklife conservation group
|Find out how the world learns to dive
So you want to go pro? Great and here at Blue Vision we can help you. We run Divemaster courses to suit your schedule and have regular Instructor Development Courses throughout the year.
This is the first step to becoming a PADI professional and some say this is the course which truly makes SCUBA divers out of recreational divers. Divemaster training helps you develop your diving knowledge, leadership skills and you dive skills to a professional level. Ultimately qualifying you to assist PADI Instructors to teach courses, to supervise qualified diver activities and even lead certain courses on your own.
To become a Divemaster you have to realise that this is not a traditional 'taught' course but is in fact a learning experience where the Divemaster in training works hand in hand with the instructors to achieve their goal. This can be done via an internship or via a series of simulated exercises.
We at Blue Vision Dive Centre strongly encourage the internship path to becoming a Divemaster, this means that not only do you understand what a Divemaster's role is in the industry but also how a dive centre is actually run. Because of this we will gladly take on divers with less than the prerequisites to train with us and will include the courses required to get you to Divemaster in your own specifically tailored package.
- PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent from another agency);
- PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent from another agency);
- Current CPR and First Aid Training;
- Have 20 dives to begin but 60 dives to certify; and
- Be 18 years or older.
- All PADI training materials including the RDP Wheel
(assuming you already own the RDP and E-RDP);
- A series of dives depending on your own needs; and
- Advice, help and teaching to suit your own requirements.
- Due to the two ways this course can run we cannot be specific. However as a rule we recommend 1-3 months to complete an internship with us, depending at what level of diver you are already.
Open Water Instructor/
Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)/
We run these qualifications through our Instructor Development Courses (IDC) which are scheduled throughout the year. This is where you can step up to the challenge and put all the effort of your Divemaster into action. These are intensive courses which demand a high calibre of candidate but we are willing to give our all to make you the best PADI Instructor you can be. Once completed those who are looking to become PADI Open Water Instructors we can organise you Instructors Examination (IE) place in a number of interesting locations and dates.
For those of you who are looking to extend you Instructor training to MSDT or Staff please contact Blue Vision Dive Centre directly and speak to Ferdi for prices and schedules.
- 18 years or older;
- Have been diving for longer the 6 months;
- For Open Water Instructor you need to have 60 log dives including navigation, deep, and night experience
(however 100 will be needed to certify);
- Have up to date CPR and first aid qualifications;
- PADI Divemaster (cross-overs can be arranged from other agencies);
- Medical clearance from a physician.
- Relevant PADI training material;
- Dives specific to the course.
- Please contact us directly for further information and the specific costs.
- Wherever you are in the country we can organise a position on any one of our, or affiliated centre's, IDCs and IEs.
- Give us a call for this year's planned IDC and IE dates.